20 things I’m thankful for. It’s never hard to think of wisdom or reasons to be thankful, even if it’s not Thanksgiving. The older I get, the more I find myself being thankful instead of bitter at the world. I cannot stop shooters or other crazy events from the world from happening in every instance, but I find myself continually being thankful for my happy life, the simplistic nature of it, and my good health. I see people on social media complaining non-stop about every little thing and once in a while, I’ll just comment and say something like, “why don’t you stop this and think about the good things in your life today? it will make the bad things less important and reshift your focus, even if just for a few moments.” Most of those people don’t WANT to be happy (yes, i believe there are some people who thrive on misery as a survival mechanism).
I’m home so this list is fitting:
- good tires
- winter driving skills
- wood heat
- snow plows
- dairy farmers
- production agriculture
- my ability to move, live, and work on being healthy
- PIC (yes, the dog ranks over a man)
- my brain, it works, i still get excited when i have a good thought
- my health
- learning how to work hard & put others first growing up. you didn’t take care of yourself until the animals were fed.
- my curiosity for cooking, photography, research
- my love for education
- my love of children
- my lucky life–i was adopted and have always had good fortune with life
have a fantastic day!