I saw this on Etsy and of course, had that recurring thought, “I can do this, I can do this!” Alas, here we are. Turns out, this was a super easy, super fun, super inexpensive craft that now adorns my side board with my Valentine’s Day themed wreath. You’ll also see that I leave up a string of Christmas lights year round.
I purchased the ribbon from the dollar bin at the Target and a deck of cards from the Dollar General. I had the hole punch kicking around in my ‘craft box’ that lives under the side board and contains a hodge podge of stuff necessary for crafting, sewing, painting, and my cake decorating tip kit. Yes, I know, it’s a mess. Someday when I own a house again, I aspire to having things more organized. Alas, I’m lucky enough to have a nice townhouse at the moment with not enough storage so my life problems are pretty small. I’m ok with my ‘catch all’ box, it’s like a giant junk drawer….
You’ll love this because it’s low cost, super easy, and dresses up any space like a mantle, wall, or in my case: my side board, quickly and inexpensively. Ribbon is strung through a suit of “heart” playing cards and knotted with fantastic heart-inspired fabric. This unique garland will add a lil’ bit of country and a whole lot of chiq to your Valentine’s Day, wedding, engagement photo, mantle, headboard, or window
This cost less than $5 to make. The Etsy shop has it for about $17
- a deck of cards (red cards separated
- 1-2 yards of ribbon of choice
- hole punch
- Using the hole punch, punch two holes in each card next to each other. I punched them about an inch apart so you can see the ribbon.
- Take ribbon and string the cards through it, making sure there is some space between them if you want to tie ribbon in between.
- Tie extra pieces of ribbon in simple knots between cards for added decoration.
- Knot each end of the garland so cards don’t slip off.
- Display with pride.