It’s banana’s and you’ll go banana’s over it! Fake out ice cream is an excellent sub for when you want something cold, creamy, and quite frankly-delicious, without the level of guilt after you’ve consumed more than the typical 1/2 cup serving that’s on the nutrition label. Letsbehonest, who eats 1/2 cup of ice cream ONLY over the age of about 2? NO ONE (amiright?) so, as long as you’ll be wanting some cool summer treats, you might as well allow yourself more than a measly 1/2 cup serving. With this, you can!
I love summer and ice cream. Unfortunately, too much ice cream (like err’yday) leads to my pants all being too tight and me resorting to elasto-waist for the rest of summer. In a vain attempt to cut down on my elasto-wait pile of clothes this summer, I resorted to some ripe banana’s and my food processor. The addition of peanut butter was an afterthought that was a 100% “win” and added to the curb appeal of this frozen treat. Trust me.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2-3 TBS cocoa powder
- peanut butter (optional)
- Peel those ripe old banana’s and put them all in the food processor with the blade in it
- Add the cocoa powder (you may want to sift it if you have a fine mesh strainer or sifter)
- Pop the lid on that sucker and whiz it up until it’s smooth.
- Pour into a container for the freezer.
- Dollop some peanut butter on it.
- Freeze that thing and enjoy!