Dear ramekins, you are the best. Sometimes, I think about how I can use you over the weekends….I search the Internet: pinterest, food gawker, etc… just for ways to cook food in you, especially breakfast.
Ricotta and tarragon make me happy so if you plop a soft egg in there, it’s a sure bet I’m going to be eating like a piggy. I saw a recipe for soft eggs with parmesan on pinchofyum and thought that the mix of the soft and salty cheese would be an excellent compliment. Pinch of yum also has some great resources on how to start your own food blog and be profitable, while donating to charity. Someday…..some day…..
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp italian blend seasoning (basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram)
- 2 tsp. butter
- 4 T. ricotta
- 2 T. parmesan
- 1 T. heavy cream (you can omit this w/ no negative consequences)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put butter and herbs in ramekin and put in oven. Pull them out once the butter melts. You can also do this in the microwave, but I figured I already turned on the oven, plus I could drink coffee for a few minutes.
- Split ricotta and pat it down with a fork (or finger) around herb/butter mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of that.
- Pour cream over cheese mixture.
- Crack eggs (2 in each) into ramekins.
- Top with salt/pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until yolks set up to your liking. I like runny yolks, but it’s your call, just keep an eye starting around 15 minutes if you’re like me.
Enjoy!!! Serve hot with toast, fruit, bacon, sausage, or do as I do: eat them by yourself for breakfast and lunch on Saturday….