This dish is served hot, cheesy, and delicious. I found a recipe and modified it, adding more vegetables and substituting cream cheese for the goat cheese.
- 8 oz. dry orzo
- 1 medium squash cut into small cubes **you could also use a large squash and just split it up
- 1/4 c. onion chopped
- 6 oz. spinach leaves (big handfuls)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese **any other cheese–it’s your choice!
- 1 t. nutmeg
- olive oil
- Cook orzo according to package directions and drain.
- Saute cubed squash and onion in olive oil over medium heat until squash begins to soften.
- Add spinach and cook down, another minute or two.
- Add cheese and nutmeg to mixture and season to taste.