I like this version because it doesn’t cook the meat until it disintegrates. You can bake it for longer if you think it will be too tough for you.
- 3 lb. corned beef
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. spicy dijon mustard
- pickling spice packet that comes with the corned beef
- Boil the corned beef for about 5-10 minutes. Why? To leech some of the salt out that they use to preserve it.
- Remove from boiling water and place on a piece of tin foil nested inside a 9×13 pan fat side up. I put mine on a small baking rack to keep it off of the foil to prevent sticking.
- Mix the mustard, pickling packet, and brown sugar.
- Brush generously onto the corned beef.
- Cover/wrap another piece of foil to seal it tight.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 2 hrs.
- Remove from oven. Let rest for 10 min.
- Slice and top with more of the glaze.