You know when you buy a head of cabbage and you never use it all? Oh, that’s never happened to you? Well, you’re lucky! I always buy heads of cabbage for things and use half of it, but always manage to have a bunch left over.
I love cabbage, but my ‘go to’ recipe of always sauteing it down like stir fry gets a little old. I wanted to cook it up differently and take advantage of the fact that cabbage can taste really good with a lot of different things.
So, I roasted it!
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. brown sugar
- Cut cabbage into eight wedges and remove the core.
- Lay out on a cookie sheet or sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon over it.
- Top with salt/pepper.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 15 min.
- Flip and toss once.
- Roast for 15 more min. The cabbage will begin to break down/pull apart, that’s ok!
- When cabbage is soft to your liking, pull out of oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top and serve hot.