The chicken was healthy until I got my hands on it: promise! Chicken wrapped in bacon that’s been rolled in brown sugar with a kick from garlic and red pepper…hello supper! I would like to think that the grill cooked some of the grease from the bacon off, but now I’m just fooling myself.
About 30 min.
- 3 chicken breasts cut into thirds **you can also buy tenderloins already cut**
- 9 slices of bacon
- 1/2 c. brown sugar-light or dark
- 1 tsp. red pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cut each breast into thirds.
- Put brown sugar, red pepper, garlic powder on a plate and mix together.
- Coat the chicken strips in the mixture. You can do this on the plate or put the mixture and chicken in a big plastic bag and toss.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in a piece of bacon.
- Grill 5-7 min. on each side, depending on thickness. Keep the flame low, burned bacon is so last year….
- The brown sugar will add a nice glaze and caramelize a little bit……
- Remove from grill when chicken is cooked through.
- Eat immediately, if not sooner.