Grill time = healthy food time. Don’t get me wrong, potato salad is from heaven, but, I can always feel a bit better about a scoop of the ‘good stuff’ if I pair it with something healthy. I love kielbasa, but as you know–the nutrition on it can be pretty pitiful. Turkey kielbasa gives me the flavor and meaty texture without some of the other junk (AKA: fatty calories). The vegetables didn’t need much dressing up, the grill gave them a nice char and brought out their natural sweetness. What can be better than that?
- 1 pkg turkey kielbasa (I had six links from Hillshire Farms–13 oz.)
- 1-2 whole sweet peppers
- 2 small squash
- olive oil spray (I use a Misto)
- garlic powder
- kebab skewers
- Soak skewers in water to prevent total burning while grilling. 😀
- Cut all veggies and kielbasa into large chunks for skewers
- Skewer ingredients in any fashion you like. Get the kids to help!
- When all are skewered, spray with misto and then sprinkle with garlic and pepper
- Grill until dark and delicious and everything is cooked through to your taste.