I had these potatoes (or a version like it) a few weeks ago and just like Kylie Minogue sang it, “I just can’t get you out of my head.”
The version I had probably started with potatoes from a box, they were simply too creamy and perfect to be anything else, however, the bite of the cheddar and the heat from the horseradish were both very pleasant. I mixed mine with some green onion.
I made these potatoes for Easter dinner. While not religious and not much in the way of celebrators, we decided to bbq some ribs, make some deviled eggs, and make these potatoes. Please forgive the photos if you see a piece of bone sticking in it. I decided not to crop but you will see the ends of a rib or a deviled egg 🙂
- 2.5 lbs of peeled potatoes (I used red and peeled most of the skin)
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. horseradish (adjust to your taste)
- 2 T. butter
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 huge handful of cheddar cheese- 1/2 c.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook potatoes in boiling water. Drain well.
- Transfer potatoes to a glass or mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream, horseradish, butter, and milk. Mash with a masher or mixer or any way you like. Mine were a bit lumpy, but we like them that way.
- Stir in cheese, salt/pepper, and green onion.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper
- Serve hot and fresh, just like you! 😀