The weekend is coming, the weekend is coming! Sort of like the Redcoats, but we’ve evolved a bit since then. These delightful egg cups serve themselves and are perfect for weekends! The tortilla makes its’ own lovely egg holder and the bacon serves the the reinforcer in this yummy breakfast or brunch dish. Paired with some salsa or served on their own, these can be quite satisfying for any meal. Turkey bacon or some spicy chorizo could either lighten the calories or make them more authentic.
I love eggs. I’ve said this a few times. I’m always looking for new ways and ‘vehicles’ to serve them, even if it’s just for me to eat on the couch on Saturday mornings. I try to cut some refined carbs from my diet when I can, perhaps it’s so I feel like I can eat cookies and snacks, but no matter the reason, I love tortilla’s because they’re just enough to be satisfying without being too much.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 corn tortillas (small size)
- 4 T. shredded cheese of choice
- non-stick spray
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray ramekins with non-stick spray
- Warm tortillas in microwave for about 15 seconds to soften and make them pliable
- Line ramekin with tortilla, it’s ok it if breaks up
- Put slice of bacon in ramekin and line it
- Split cheese between the two ramekins
- Crack egg into each ramekin
- Top with black pepper
- Bake for approximately 20 min. Less if you like it really runny, more if you prefer a firm yolk
- Serve hot! Salsa, fruit, coffee….yum!