Like all the “B’s” in this one??? Me to! ;~)
This past week at the house has been “eat what you’ve got week.” Here are the ‘rules.’
- You can buy perishables–milk, eggs, bread, needs for babies/toddlers.
- You cannot/should not buy any canned goods, meat, or anything else (unless life sustaining or you have a weird allergy).
- You SHOULD eat only things from the depths of your fridge/freezer/cupboards.
- Take the $$ you save and donate, spend on something else, splurge, date night, whatever…I donate the money. I pool it and give an annual donation to heifer international.
That being said, after making coffee, and spending enough time to evaluate the back of the fridge, PIC and I ate pretty well this week. Pork chops, chicken, macaroni & cheese, eggs, and this breakfast. The ingredient list is a bit of a hodge podge so bear with me and feel free to make substitutions as necessary.
This is a very easy recipe! The rolls cook up and blend with the egg mixture and everything bakes together.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 c. leaf spinach
- 1 green onion
- 1 tube of crescent rolls
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded cheese of choice
- 1/2 t. pepper
- non-stick spray
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the bacon and green onion and let it cook down to desired crispiness. Add spinach at the end to wilt it down and let some water out of it.
- Spray a 8×8 or 9×9 pan with non-stick spray and spread four of the crescent rolls in the bottom, putting the seams together the best you can.
- Scramble the eggs, milk, pepper, and add cheese to the mixture.
- Spread in pan.
- Pour bacon/spinach mixture over the top.
- Bake for 20 min. until set up.
- Enjoy! The rolls create a nice bottom crust and also absorb into the egg, giving it a nice fluffy texture on top and a good, sturdy base.
What to do with the four crescent rolls? May I make a suggestion?????? Nutella sweet rolls!!!