It’s officially the weekend. Welcome weekend. It’s also getting to be summer. Ahh, summer….I love you. I hate you. I love you. I hate you. I love your warm weather, your endless sunshine, your eternal good mood….I hate your heat, humidity, and what it does to my hair….No matter what the reason, no one wants to spend a ton of time baking pie this weekend, there’s other things to do!
This pie is perfect for the weekend. You can make it in just a few minutes and it will be waiting (and ready) for you when you want to crush it or share it. No bake candy bar pie is perfect for summer and can be put together in about 20 minutes, leaving time for it to set up overnight or all day, depending on when you want to shove it in your mouth with no manners. I use a pre-made chocolate graham cracker crust, but if you’ve got the time: go wild with a homemade one, Oreo crust would be amazing with this…..
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 15 oz. bag of reeses pieces (you won’t need the whole bag, at least for the pie anyway….)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with a handful or two of the reeses pieces.
- In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners’ sugar on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over reeses pieces.
- Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. For a firmer pie: freeze it! it’s amazing! The candy coating may run so you can always top it later or use reese’s peanut butter cups.