I cannot resist chips. Period. The end. Good-bye. Thankfully, I don’t buy them often due to the fact that I’ll eat the whole bag in one sitting–whether ‘snack size’ or ‘full size’ my willpower melts like a popsicle on the 4th of July….Giada made these the other day on her show and it happened to be “terrible TV Saturday” and I was busy doing nothing for a good hour watching cooking shows.
Her recipe was simple and easy to replicate. Portion control will prevent you from making the same mistake I do when chips end up in front of me. Baking them cuts down on the grease factor and increases the health factor. Portion control is also a highlight for me personally.
- 4 corn tortillas (I used the small size)
- olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle or spray olive oil on tortillas. I used my misto.
- Brush and distribute olive oil on both sides to evenly coat. The brush will pick up enough oil for both sides or you can add more. Do not DROWN the tortillas unless you like really greasy chips, in that case, get out your deep fryer.
- Stack tortillas and cut in half.
- Take the two halves and stack again.
- Cut each half into another half.
- Cut those quarters in half.
- You now have a whole mess of tortilla chips.
- Who’s good at math? How many chips do you have??? ;~)
- Lay chips out in one layer on a baking pan.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt or regular salt if you don’t have it.
- Bake for 15 min. until golden brown.