I saw a recipe for lemon, lemon bars and made them. They weren’t ‘lemony’ enough. So, I made them again and added more lemon to make them more lemon-licious. And then, life was complete. I have an obscene love of lemon lately. Lemon curd was just the beginning. Let’s not forget the spicy lemon shrimp and grits. That was pretty awesome too. *sigh***** I just love me some lemon….
about 30 min. total
- 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 stick butter, soft
- 2 eggs
- juice from 1 lemon (about 2T)
- zest from 1 lemon (about 2t)
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in the softened butter.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs with the lemon juice and zest.
- Add to the larger bowl and mix well.
- Pour into prepared 8X8 brownie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- You can double the recipe and bake in a 9X13 pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool, then glaze.
- 1/2C powdered sugar
- 1-2 T lemon juice
- additional lemon zest
- Stir together. Add more lemon juice if you like a thinner glaze.
- Spread the glaze and let it harden–about and hour on the counter or less in the fridge.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!