The only time of year I like salad: summer. The greens are fresh. The rest of the year, it better be one heck of a lettuce for me to eat it or topped with a lot of good stuff (making it terrible for anyone nutritionally). I like spinach salads too. But in regards to lettuce mix: summer.
Strawberry salad is a favorite. The local grocery store puts it in their fresh bar and occasionally I buy it. It’s easy to replicate. Promise. Add some protein for a packed meal or sliced almonds for some extra crunch. You’ll love this salad.
I’d like to give this post a blogger ‘shout out’ to a Historic Virginia Plantation–who follow me and remind me of my fattening, calorie laden foods that I produce in my humble kitchen….while I have shared my journey to maintain a healthier lifestyle, sometimes it tastes too good not to make! This post is for you VA Plantation–omit the goat cheese and it will be the healthiest thing across your lips! 😀
- Greens of choice
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Red or white onions, sliced thin
- Goat cheese or other crumbly cheese, blue cheese is also very good
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Assemble salad ingredients. Greens on the bottom and top with berries, onions, and cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.