There’s nothing like a cold, creamy treat to satisfy your sweet tooth and cool you from the inside out during the warm summer. These frozen yogurt pops are fresh with fruit and add a hint of hazelnut from the swirl of nutella in them. I added a crumbled graham cracker for some more texture.
My inspiration came from the homemade pop site and gave me some good ideas. I realize you can go to the store, pay $3 and get a box full of frozen treats, but these are so easy and inexpensive you won’t mind a little leg work. I also enjoy knowing what’s going into my food and that I prepped the ingredients myself with no added ‘stuff.’ I don’t have any fancy popsicle molds and find that 3 oz. bathroom cups do the trick with a cut off straw or bamboo skewer. Maybe I’ll put some on my ‘wish list’ on amazon…
20 min. + freezer time
makes 3/3 oz. pops
- 6 oz. plain non fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. strawberries diced with juice
- 1 graham cracker square, crushed
- 1 TBS. nutella
- Mix the yogurt and strawberries together in a bowl.
- Add the graham crackers and fold in with rubber spatula.
- Gently swirl in nutella with rubber spatula or spoon.
- Spoon mixture into popsicle mold or other vessel.
- Place a stick or handle in the top.
- Freeze about four hours.
- Remove from freezer. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove yogurt pop from mold and enjoy!