I had wanted to try this cake for a while (months) and had pinned it on Pinterest with the thought of doing so. Today is the day…..
Nutella is a gift from our friends overseas. I had my first Nutella when I was traveling abroad during my undergraduate days….while I don’t remember the moment it hit my lips, I remember the lasting impression it made. I couldn’t find it for a while once returning and over the years, it has gained popularity and now everyone and their brother sells it. I’m not complaining 😀
Kirbiecravings did not let me down with this recipe and it was easy as….pie? Or cake? It’s flourless, gluten free, and very easy to put together.
- 4 eggs
- 8 1/2 ounces Nutella (weigh this out on a scale)
- Grease a 6 or 7 inch round springfoam pan. Spray the bottom with non-stick spray. Then line with parchment paper on sides and on bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Beat eggs on highest speed with mixer until about triple in volume, about 6 minutes.
- Measure out Nutella into a glass bowl.
- Microwave Nutella for about 20 seconds to make it softer.
- Add in 1/3 of the egg mixture. Stir with a spatula in the same clockwise direction until all of the egg is mixed in and no streaks remain. Then add another 1/3 of egg mixture and fold again until no egg streaks remain.
- Pour in remaining third and make sure to scrape the foam that sticks to the mixing bowl into the batter and stir until no streaks remain.
- Pour batter into springfoam pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool before cutting and serving.