This pie makes its’ own crust and sets up while it bakes and cools. The cool custard from the eggs makes this a perfect summer pie because you can make it in a flash, let the oven do the work, and chill it for later consumption. I make this the night before and let it get cold and delicious in the fridge overnight so it’s waiting for me to share….or eat two slices for breakfast :D. My mema (grandma) used to make this rich, buttery, coconutty pie….I always wanted to eat the whole plate myself. While time has passed, my eating habits have not matured. Nope, not one bit. I had forgot about it until googling “coconut dessert recipes” and this was one of the results.
I used heart healthy bisquik and 2% milk because that’s what I had in the house. I’m sure you could take it even farther with substitutioins but I chose to enjoy this is in it’s almost full calorie glory.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Bisquick (make your own! see above)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, blend all the ingredients together by hand or on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a 10-inch pie plate that has been buttered or sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350F. for 50 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Make sure you ENTER to win the BYO Rambler Lunch Bag by 11:59 p.m. tonight! Winner announced tomorrow in the Friday Post!!!