Turkey has all the satisfaction and protein but without the saturated fats and cholesterol of a beef burger. This one is an orignial recipe after wanting to spice things up a bit. I topped my burger with some Yancey’s Fancy Buffalo Cheddar Cheese, but you feel free to go buck wild in your own way! I love a good beef burger, but after a week of traveling where my diet was less than stellar, this made for a healthier and equally satisfying alternative. The flavor is packed into the burger with the onions, herbs, and balsamic vinegar so they don’t need much once they’re cooked. Feel free to make your own adjustments. I also love these as meatballs and add some breadcrumbs and an egg to make really great meatballs for other meals.
- 1 lb. ground turkey of choice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 c. onion finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp. balsamic vinegar (add more if you like it, I enjoy the flavor so lean on the heavy side)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form four patties.
- Grill or cook as desired.
- Serve as desired and enjoy!