Summer cooking doesn’t get much easier. If you don’t like pitting cherries, a can of cherry pie filling is perfect. I found a recipe similar to this and modified it to suit my taste and needs. The original recipe makes a jelly pan sized recipe and I don’t need that so I made an 8×8 pan for you.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour and salt to the creamed mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Spread 1.5 cups batter into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Spread with pie filling.
- Drop the remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients, and drizzle over cooled bars.