Chocolate and coconut go together in my world like peanut butter and jelly. They are a lovely match made in heaven. My sweet tooth calls **ring, ring** and I answer “hello friend, what should we shove into our mouth today?” This happens each and every day. Trust me, I answer that phone, it’s realllllllllll hard to ignore. In a vain attempt to trick my brain into believing its’ eating something decadent, I’ve resorted to this recipe. It fools me into thinking it’s delicious and I feel less guilty when I eat it with some greek yogurt or by the handful. This granola is less “clumpy” because I don’t add much sweetener or other binders.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup pure cocoa
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread it out on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Be sure to keep turning it over with a spatula and stirring it so it bakes evenly.
- Let it cool.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.