MMmmmmmm, chocolate…..**homer simpson doughnut face** Add some marshmallows, more chocolate and pecans and I’ll come to dinner at your place any day of the week! Or better yet, you make me a batch of these and come to my house and I’ll make YOU dinner! Everyone wins! Even if we do eat grilled cheese sandwiches or a salad, there will be brownies for dessert!
I found a nifty recipe from Made by Mike and was in a rush to make a dish to pass, so I opted for a box mix. I also doubled the size as I made a 9×13 pan of brownies to feed a crowd. An 8×8 would not have lasted long in this crowd. Or any crowd that liked chocolate. I chose a Duncan Hines dark chocolate mix (it was on sale) and made it according to box directions. I added a few extra handfuls of mini chocolate chips to the batter. More chocolate is never a bad thing.
- 1 9×13 box mix of brownie mix, prepared according to package directions
- 2 c. mini chocolate chips (regular chips are also fine)
- 2 c. mini marshmallows
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or slivered almonds
- Prepare brownie mix and bake.
- Five minutes before brownies are done remove from oven.
- Top with marshmallows, chips, and pecans.
- Put back in oven for last five minutes of baking time or until the marshmallows brown up and chocolate begins to glisten.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving with tall glasses of milk for all.