Perfect? PERFECT. This pie is perfect. It’s like a reese’s pb cup but in pie form. I pretty much want to share it with you so we can both fall in love and into a sugar coma at the same time. This pie is insanely good. Sweet, creamy, peanut butter for miles, and the hot fudge en robes the whole pie. I originally found the recipe and tinkered with it a bit. I usually purchase low fat cream cheese and low fat cool whip by habit so that’s what you get today. It just makes me feel better…particularly when I eat a piece for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And perhaps as an evening snack. You see how this is going to end don’t you?
For the pie:
- 1 chocolate graham cracker crust
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tub (12 ounces) low fat Cool Whip
- 1 jar (11.75 ounces) hot fudge topping, divided
- ½ cup sugar
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- In large bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy.
- Fold in 3 cups Cool Whip.
- Spoon mixture into crust and smooth to edges.
- Top with the jar of hot fudge. You may need to heat it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds to get it warm enough to spread.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with more warm peanut butter or make a fun pattern.