These clever little wonton’s hold the key to buffalo wing happiness. Inside there’s spicy chicken and blue cheese dressing made with Chobani greek yogurt. These buffalo wing rolls are awesome! These are perfect little pouches of perfection. You can adjust the heat, use leftover chicken or a purchased chicken from your grocery store, and minimal prep time makes these super fast and a main dish that small hands can help put together with no trouble. You could use larger wonton wrappers for bigger rolls and pair these with a fresh salad or celery, carrots, and more blue cheese on the side. These are also great tailgate, dish to pass, make to hang out and watch a movie, or eat any time food in my opinion. They keep very well and taste just as good a bit cooler.
As a New Yorker, I’m not one to pass up anything wing related and it always reminds me of home. Friday nights were pizza and wing night. Local bars and restaurants have wing night specials each week and every time I head home, I make sure it’s around a Tuesday so I can head to the local watering hole for cheap wings, cold brew, and plenty of celery and blue cheese. I realize some folks like ranch, but you’re just going to have to bear with me on the blue cheese road here. I love it!
Wonton wrappers are easy to come by in most grocery stores and can be found in the produce section near the cold dressings, dips, and I found mine above the mushroom display. If you can’t find them, just ask! The wrappers do need to be kept refrigerated to stay fresh so you won’t find them in the aisle of Asian ingredients. Some stores may sell them frozen so you’ll need to thaw them before trying to fold them over.
makes about 24
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded (or finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce (use less for milder flavor)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt (I’m partial to Chobani)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken, hot sauce, and butter in a medium mixing bowl and stir together using a wooden spoon.
- Spread out individual wonton wrappers onto a baking sheet.
- Spoon about one tablespoon of the chicken mixture into each wonton wrapper, keeping the chicken to one side so that you can fold the other side over the top.
- Dip your finger in water and outline the edge of 2 wonton wrappers. Fold wonton wrapper over the filling with edges touching. Push edges together to seal. Spray lightly with olive oil (I use my Misto for this).
- Prepare blue cheese dressing by crumbling blue cheese and combining with the greek yogurt, garlic, and pepper. Set aside or refrigerate.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Let cool for about 5 minutes before eating.
The leftover dressing is also perfect for vegetable dipping 🙂