I love Fall. It’s my favorite season! Less AC, crisp mornings and evenings, apples, pleasant sunshine, and fall comfort food! There’s also things like football, the leaves changing, pumpkin spice lattes and more comfort food. Today’s recipe falls into one of the reasons I do love fall! Buffalo meatballs are PERFECT for fall: tailgating, appetizers, sub sandwiches, crock pot ready, and just plain yummy! No one will be disappointed. Unless they don’t like Buffalo anything….I stood in the kitchen “taste testing” these before any actually hit a plate en route to my big mouth. I also felt slightly less guilty because it was ground turkey. You can make these with ground chicken, pork, or beef with the same amazing result. I happened to have some ground turkey in the fridge that was just BEGGING to get hit with some Buffalo sauce….Cut some celery and carrots for a slightly healthier version of the deep fried wings that you know you love! I might also suggest my favorite homemade blue cheese recipe too to put on subs or put our for dipping sauce. Yum! If these aren’t up your alley, try the buffalo wing rolls!
I’d like to plead insanity on these photos. Here’s why: I made these at night, it got dark, I did not shoot them and said to myself, “I’ll do it tomorrow….” Tomorrow came and someone came over and I fed them these meatballs. When I looked into the dish only four meatballs remained and I panicked! Good thing there was still four of them but gee whiz folks, see what happens when you have a food blog, others to feed, and these handy meatballs in your fridge???? You’ve been warned about their awesomeness!
10 min. prep + cook time
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (depending on the size egg you use you may need to add a bit more)
- 2 TBS wing sauce
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 3 TBS. + 1/4 c. hot sauce OR Frank’s wing sauce (any will do, I prefer Franks for this)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and the 3 TBS of Frank’s.
- Spray nonstick spray in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Form meatballs of uniform size and put in pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and pour more Frank’s over the meatballs. Toss to coat.
- Cook for 5-10 more minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve hot. May I suggest some Chobani blue cheese dressing?
These will also be great in the crock pot. Put meatballs on low with more Franks for tailgates, pot lucks, or so you can eat them all day long!