The weekend is not far away and yes, I’m already thinking about breakfast/brunch this weekend. Bacon might be my long lost soulmate, but let me tell you one thing about bacon: it’s not the most photogenic thing I’ve ever shot…perhaps because I really just wanted to eat the strips on the plate instead of take their picture 🙂
This bacon will make you so proud that you turned on your oven….honest. Sweet, salty, and a wee bit spicy to hit the majority of your taste buds and leave them wanting more. The bacon will come shooting out of your oven chewy but if you like your bacon crisp, just add a few minutes of cook time. Bacon is not the most photogenic thing I’ve ever taken photos of so you’ll have to pardon me on this one and just make some for yourself 🙂
I had a pound of Hormel thick cut bacon in my fridge, it was the sale that I couldn’t pass up at Kroger last week, and it sat there….I asked the good folks on my Facebook page and low and behold, this came to fruition. Thanks FACEBOOK peeps! I used to bake bacon for special occasions and my former favorite was citrus maple, which is as simple as an orange juice and maple syrup glaze on the bacon but this one is right there with it now. I love things with a hint of heat and perhaps will do citrus maple cayenne next time. The possibilities are endless!
5 min. + 20-25 min. cook time
- 1 lb. of bacon
- brown sugar
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil to help the mess later.
- Lay a wire rack into the baking sheet.
- Use more than one baking sheet if your bacon runneth over…
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper over bacon.
- Take brown sugar of your choice and sprinkle over the bacon. I did not measure either of these ingredients.
- Flip bacon over and repeat process.
- Put in oven and back for 10 min.
- Flip bacon.
- Put back in oven and cook for remaining 10 min.
- Serve hot….just like you 😉