Spicy, sweet, salty, meaty, and in less than 30 minutes. Do I have your attention yet? Korean Beef gets to the table in no time, making it the perfect week night meal. Between work schedules, school schedules, and who knows what else, this is one FAST supper. It’s been crazy in my life lately and this meal is a direct reflection of this lifestyle. Weekends might be made for slower meals, but M-F: it’s all about speed and ease.
I love Korean Food. I capitalized it because I think it’s very important :). As a Korean, I find myself gravitating towards it like a moth to a flame. This is a super simple recipe that can be on your table in less than 20 minutes if you make minute rice. PIC makes rice for us and it’s the delicious basmati kind. It’s worth the 20 minute wait. Pair this with some fresh snow peas or a salad and dinner will race you to the table on those busy nights where there will not be enough time for anything.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Heat a large skillet with the sesame oil over medium heat. Once the skillet is heated, brown the hamburger and minced garlic until meat is cooked through. Drain all fat from the meat.
- In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture into the skillet over the meat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the meat in the sauce for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and reduces.
- Serve the Korean beef over rice and top with a small handful of green onions.