5 ingredients–and one of them is water! How exciting is that? Make sure you get these good and cold before serving, they really are better this way! I love the texture of these and the angel food mix makes them super easy to put together so you can focus on other things: like your LIFE!!! I’m all for taking time to make really good things but sometimes, especially during the holidays, you just want to make things so you can enjoy all of the family that will soon be arriving. These will not leave you disappointed. I made these the night before, tossed them into the fridge and they were ready the next day for serving/sharing.
I did use reduced fat cream cheese to try and help out the calorie intake and leave room for something really good, like stuffing! I think you’ll enjoy the simplicity of putting these together, I know I did!
make 9×13 pan
prep time: 10 min.
- 1 box angel food cake mix- the 1 step kind
- 1 15oz can Pumpkin
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 8oz pkg. reduced fat cream cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, water, & cinnamon together until it is smooth & well mixed.
- In a 9×13 dish add HALF of the cake –pumpkin mix. Then smooth it out with a rubber spatula. Spoon small spoonfuls of the cream cheese (about half of it) over the top of it and take a small spatula to smooth it over the top. Add remaining cake-pumpkin mix & also the remaining cream cheese just making layers.
- Finally take a butter knife- stick it into the mix and go back & forth over the top of the cake making figure “8’s” – to blend it a bit.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.