It just wouldn’t be the holidays without some excessive sprinkles, peanut butter, and bite sized fun. I’m glad to see you’re on board with this one since I’m so excited for peanut butter truffle balls! Some people call them buckeyes and there’s lots of variation on recipes such as adding more confectioners sugar, rice krispies, and other assorted additions, but this recipe is pure peanut buttery goodness coated in delightful chocolate.
These are great for sharing in gift boxes, putting out at parties, or giving as a hostess gift. These freeze REALLY well so you can make a whole bunch and save them for when you need something in a pinch. These taste really great frozen (watch your dental work)!
makes about 4 dozen
30 min. + fridge/freezer time
- 1 (16 oz) container peanut butter
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz candy melt coating, chocolate
- Mix the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar together.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (not any larger). Stick the dough into the refrigerator until cool.
- Next dip them into the melted chocolate. Set the chocolate coated ball onto wax paper and cool.
- Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them!