These chocolatey minty bite sized perfect fellas are amazing. It’s not the holidays until someone breaks out the mint. Mint coffee creamer, candy canes, and THESE!! I love mint things so it’s not a huge inconvenience for me to shove these into my pie hole but if you’re not a mint fan, try leaving out the cookies, adding espresso, or add more chocolate to the brownies. You can’t go wrong either way here.
These could not be easier to put together if you’re already a pro at making boxed brownies. These are great hostess gifts or for some color on your holiday dessert trays. I like to give these away in my gift jars each year because they hold up well and are sturdy for car travel. Over the river and through the woods takes on a whole new meaning sometimes!
- 1 9×13 package of brownies, prepared as directed on package
- 1/2 package (about 20 cookies) grasshopper cookies
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese (softened)
- white/vanilla candy coating
- Prepare brownies as directed and bake.
- As soon as the brownies come out of the oven, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Scrape brownies away from the edge of the pan and pour softened cream cheese over brownies.
- Mix with spoon until cream cheese is mixed. Toss any of the hard edges or save them and eat later for a ‘snack!’
- If brownies are a bit too hot, let cool for a few minutes.
- Roll 1-inch balls and lay on wax/parchment on a baking sheet
- Refrigerate until cold or put in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Melt vanilla candy coat in microwave or double boiler.
- Roll brownie bites in coating and return to wax paper. Top with sprinkles
- Put back in fridge until firm.
- Watch guests shovel into their mouths 🙂
Need some other ideas for super amazing holiday treats???