You will love these simply because they are sweet, salty, easy to put together, and are tiny toothpicks of heaven in your mouth. The sweet brown sugar mixed with the salty bacon is a perfect combination on your palette. These aren’t healthy, I won’t even try to lie to you about it but their deliciousness will make it a-ok for you to eat a few. Perhaps more than a few. Perhaps a whole pan? These would be great to share at a super bowl party, or any party where you can distribute the wealth of taste and caloric trauma! 😀
I learned to make these from my friend, Holly, who is also an amazing cook. She was in my grad school program and if there’s one thing any grad student or a group can agree on is that sometimes you need good food and good company to survive. I’m hoping Holly guest posts someday because she is truly an amazing cook!
- 2 14 oz. packages of little weenies
- 1 pkg. bacon (I like thin cut for this but whatever is on sale works!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark is fine)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place 9×13 pan next to your workstation
- On a cutting board, slice bacon horizontally into thirds. Take the bacon right out of the fridge and slice it cold through the whole block.
- Wrap a weenie into a piece of bacon. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon and stick it through.
- Repeat until all weenies are wrapped and put each weenie into the pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the weenies. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Let them melt in your mouth. After you remove the toothpick of course.
- Dip in mustard.
- Make pig of yourself. You are eating a bunch of pork after all!