Awww, what a sweet touch to breakfast! You’ll love this because whoever you make these for will love you right back! These take no time at all and all you need is a crafty hand or a cookie cutter. I don’t have crafty hands so I pull out my cookie cutters and the heart is fitting considering Valentine’s Day is coming. Any shape you have will do: flowers for spring, stars before a big day, or the classic round. Your imagination will lead you to some great egg and toast combinations.
I prefer real butter to cook these in but you can use non-stick spray or some other butter-like substance. These take less than 10 minutes from start to finish and you can save the piece of bread you cut out to toast and serve on the side.
- 1 large egg
- 1 piece of bread of choice
- 1 cookie cutter (heart shaped today)
- Pre-heat non stick pan on medium heat.
- Using cookie cutter, cut out shape in the middle of the piece of bread.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Place piece of bread in pan.
- Crack egg into the heart shaped opening.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on egg.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Toast piece of bread you cut out.
- Serve hot and with love!
What else should you serve to show your love?