These cookies are chewy, soft, a little tangy, and a little sweet. You’ll love them because they come together in no time and the play of the craisins and chocolate chips are a great balance for anyone. These cookies are soft, chewy, and the oats give a really nice texture to them. I found the original recipe on pinterest, but decided that crisco was not an ingredient I was going to be buying for one batch of cookies. I DID have non-fat CHOBANI in my fridge so I subbed out half the butter for nonfat greek yogurt. Then I threw in some chocolate chips. I negated any kind of healthy benefit possible. I’m not sorry 🙂 Craisins were on sale a few weeks ago, so I picked up a few packages on a whim, not knowing they were going to reappear in these cookies. The nice food manufacturers who are trying to addict us, make us fat, and kill us are also kind enough to sell several types of dried fruits now, so you can have a lot of fun with this recipe.
This is more of a wet batter when you mix them, so don’t be worried, just allow ample space for them on the cookie sheet. Oh, and make sure you eat them ALL. I wouldn’t want you to waste any of these delicious cookies….. 😉
makes about 3 dozen
15 min. prep + cooking time
- ½ cup butter, room temp.
- ½ cup non-fat plain greek yogurt (chobani anyone?)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1½ cup dried cranberries (I used craisins, 5 oz. bag)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer, cream butter, greek yogurt and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture to cream mixture.
- Stir in oats, chips, & cranberries.
- Shape cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.