You’ll love this because it’s chocolately, coconutty, and you get to take the help from a box mix!!! If you want to make a homemade brownie mix, go for it. I had an amazing coupon and the mix was already on sale, making it about 75 cents! I saw this recipe on the Internet machine and I was intrigued. Brownie in a bundt pan filled with coconut???? OK, not intrigued, immediately drawn to it like a moth to a flame!!! (if chocolatey and coconutty aren’t real words, sorryimnotsorry) 😉
I have a fickle bundt pan so make sure to oil and flour that thing! The fluted pan is beautiful with all its’ nooks and crannies but man, it can be a real b&%%h to remove! Trust me! I had to put this pan in boiling water to heat it up and loosen the brownie. My pan is also old as….well, old as it is and I should probably replace it. Woe is me…
- 1 13×9 box brownie mix–it must be for a 13×9 pan
- eggs, oil, water according to box directions
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temp
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 ts salt
- ¾ cup toasted or untoasted coconut (sweetened coconut ok)
- Pre-heat oven to box directions
- Grease and flour bundt pan
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions
- Layer half of the mix in the bundt pan.
To make the filling:
- mix cream cheese, coconut, salt, and egg yolk with spatula
- Drop by the tablespoon full in the middle of the brownie mix in the bundt pan.
- Top with the remaining brownie mix, distribute evenly.
- Tap the pan on the counter to remove any air and distribute the brownie mix evenly.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes (package directions) and remove from oven. Use a toothpick to test for doneness. The cake is done when the toothpick comes out with tiny crumbles of brownie on it.
- Cool 10 minutes and then flip out to cool completely.