I have wanted to build one of these for several months, ok….for almost a year. I kept seeing all of these tutorials on Pinterest and I kept pinning them, but never got to the ‘follow through’ part of the project due to reasons that I cannot even defend. There was always something to bake, sew, go and see, or simply relax, thus, the light box project was pushed to the wayside.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it…..
The box I used showed up several months ago and I saved it like a good packrat, thinking, “i’ll use this at some point…” that was during the holidays. Here we are in March! Better late than never right?
Instructions for this sucker are easy, you’ll see that I really had no excuse. I followed the tutorial off of flax & twine and she made it easy as pie!
DIY Photo Light Box Tutorial:
- Cardboard box
- Tissue paper
- Craft knife or utility knife
- Packing tape
- White posterboard (should be at least 30% longer than the box length)
- Cut off the tops of the box.
- Cut out a rectangle 1″ shy of sides on three of the four sides of the box.
- Pop out the side
- Piece together tissue paper with packing tape to a size large enough to cover one side of the box. Cut the tissue paper to size as best you can.
- Attach tissue paper to each open side of the box with packing tape.
- Cut white poster board the width of the box.
- Place the poster board in the box such that it curves inside the box.
- Place object inside box at flat part of cardboard. Place box in as much light as possible. Take photos.