You’ll love this because it’s super flavorful, healthy, and requires almost no fuss to put together. I steam some veggies during the last few minutes it cooks and dinner is served! Can’t beat that! You don’t have to marinate the fish if you don’t have time, but I think you’ll be really pleased if you take the time to do it.
I love this dish and I can’t take all of the credit for it. My friend from home, Erin, first introduced me to this super easy fish dish years ago and I’ve been making it ever since. I like to marinate the salmon for about 20 minutes, skin side up and soak the meat before baking. I flip it back over (skin side down) and bake it. You can get salmon with no skin, but it’s just as easy to buy the salmon with the skin on.
20 min. + 20 min. bake time
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Mix ingredients in bottom of baking dish with a fork or small whisk.
- Marinate salmon, skin side up for about 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Flip salmon over (skin side down), cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 min. or until salmon is cooked through.