You’ll love this because it captures the beach and is full of good fats from the avocado! This is great with almost anything from chips to a great burger topping and comes together quickly. I’ve been craving guacamole lately. I think it’s a sign I’m ready for some spring to come! The warm weekends have been a real treat, only to be followed by cold, damp work weeks. Needless to say, I’ve been channeling some sunshine through my food!
Strawberries are in season in FL right now, and thanks to modern trucking, I can get less than terrible berries at my grocery store. They were on sale for several weeks in a row and I made sure to capitalize on their freshness. Some of them were turned into some divine chocolate covered strawberries, while these were destined to become a mouth-watering guacamole.You’ll need:
- 1 cup ripe strawberries, chopped (frozen are also fine if they’re not in season)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/4 c. onion
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- Pit and chunk the avocados into a bowl.
- Add the strawberries, chopped onion, cilantro, and citrus juice on top of the mixture.
- Mix together.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve fresh!