You’ll love this because it’s sweet, salty, a bit spicy, and super easy to make. The hardest part will be to keep big and little hands out of it. I only know this because my hands have been in the current batch way too much! It’s fiber right??? <–that’s what i tell myself anyway. I use an air popper to make popcorn, but you can do it on the stove, in a paper bag in the microwave, or if you’re still under the spell of microwave popcorn in those greasy bags, go for it. Might want to think about the ‘no butter’ kind so your spicy sweet mix gets the most attention though.
Siracha is my all time favorite condiment. And it looks as though I’ve found a way to sneak it into almost everything I eat. Including my popcorn! I once loved hot sauce (franks) on popcorn, but I think I might like this even more! There’s no denying my adoration for popcorn, sweets, snacks, and siracha. Now, I CAN have it all!
10 min. prep + 10 min. cooking
- 1/4 c. unpopped popcorn kernals
- air popper
- 3 T. vegetable oil or oil of choice (I used coconut oil)
- 2 T. butter
- 3 T. brown sugar (white sugar is fine too)
- 1 T. siracha (you can add more….make it to taste or omit if you don’t like it)
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Pop the popcorn using your preferred method. Have in bowl ready to coat.
- Put the butter and the oil into a small pan and place the pan on a medium-heat stove
- Melt the butter, add the oil and the sugar and whisk everything together just till the sugar dissolves completely (the sugar must not scorch)
- Take the pan off the stove.
- Whisk in siracha
- Pour mixture over popcorn
- Shake or stir the bowl until the mixture has coated the popcorn.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle salt on the popcorn
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool to let harden or dig in!