You’ll love this bread for its’ chewy texture, the pop of the chips and coconut, and the fact that it might be a bit healthier than some of the other recipes out there. I opted to keep some of the fat in this one, I think it tastes better. You’re welcome to go wild with substitutions and change it up for your own dietary needs. I use soft bananas in several of my recipes instead of fat, and use gluten free from time-to-time, but again, make this your own. The batter is thick because of the yogurt, but don’t be alarmed, it’s just fine. It also gets pretty dark in the oven, but again, just keep an eye on it! Chobani was nice enough to send me some promotional yogurt after I submitted another recipe to their site. The big 16 oz. tubs showed up at my door and I knew I couldn’t eat that much yogurt by myself, so I headed to the kitchen!
I’m in love, I’m in love, and I don’t care who knows! Ah, Elf….one of my favorite movies during the holidays (and almost anytime if we’re being honest here). I’ve been on a greek yogurt kick again. I was craving salt a while back and while I know the Internet lies, it did tell me in several places that my craving might be a result of not enough calcium and/or trace minerals in my diet. After getting some cho, cheese sticks, and making a point to drink more milk–cravings diminished. I still love some good, salty olives from the fancy olive bar, but the craving was insatiable for several days and I know myself well enough to know that I don’t crave salt like that. ever.
15 min. prep + cook/cool time
makes one loaf
- 16 oz. container of Chobani Black Cherry
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick of butter soft
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- handful of mini chocolate chips
- Grease your bread pan and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together Chobani, sugar, butter and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in chips and coconut.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour .
- Check with a tooth pick to see if center is cooked through.
- Let cool for 15 min. before removing from pan to complete cooling.
- This freezes like a champion too–don’t be scared to make a whole bunch & save for a rainy day!