You’ll love this salad because it’s light but filling, can be shared with a crowd, and won’t set you back on your healthy eating goals. Summer eating will be here before you know it. I just love it. Light salads that are big enough to share with a group or make delicious lunches for days. I love this summer salad because it has the extra fiber from the black beans with the cool tomatoes, corn, and fresh parsley. Feel free to dress this any way you’d like. I like it simple and fresh, just salt and pepper. I find the juice from the fresh veggies often make the best kind of sauce.
I found this good served cold and at room temperature. While it doesn’t contain any mayo or other ingredients that will spawn food borne illness, keep in mind it should be kept in the fridge between long sittings during the warm afternoons or lazy evenings spent outside that will soon be upon us. This salad was hearty enough for a quick lunch but pair it with a juicy burger or grilled chicken and you’ve got yourself a knock out meal!
15 min. + cool time
(double this recipe if you are going to feed a large crowd)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved length or width wise
- 1 standard can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 /2 cup diced onion (smaller dice)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Marinate for an hour to get it cold and married.
- Serve cold or room temperature.