Remember the AMAZING Healthy Alfredo Sauce I sent your way a few weeks back? How could you forget!?!?!?! Here’s another great rendition of the base recipe with some added greens and a kick you’ll love. You’ll love this because it’s healthy, easy, and replaces something that’s extra rich for something that’s still delicious without making you need to worry about your blood pressure or cholesterol.
A-MA-ZZZING. That’s my final word on this stuff. In case you missed the original post (healthy alfredo sauce) this stuff is amazing as a fake out. For this round, I simply took half of the alfredo sauce and set it aside for the ‘white’ version. I left the other half in the blender and added a large handful of fresh spinach (frozen, drained well is fine too) and a handful of cilantro leaves. For good measure, I squirted some sriracha in the blender and turned it back on to blend.
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-7 cups stock or water
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- ½ cup milk (more to taste)
- 1 good handful of chopped cilantro (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup raw spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- sriracha for spice (optional)
- Garlic: Saute the minced garlic with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned (browned or burnt garlic will taste bitter). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cauliflower: Bring the water or stock to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Do not drain.
- Puree: Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add 1 cup vegetable broth or cooking liquid, sauteed garlic/butter, salt, pepper, spinach, cilantro, and milk. Blend or puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more broth or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Serve hot! If the sauce starts to look dry, add a few drops of water, milk, or olive oil.
- Add parmesan cheese at the end and mix well.