You’ll love this salad because it says, “it’s summer & i’m the perfect dish to pass!” This salad = easy. That’s the best part. You can go as light or as heavy on the ingredients depending on your personal preference to carbs, dairy, and dressing. This would also make a great “make your own” dish where you can put out the ingredients and let people assemble their own mini-salads for the meal. Sunflower seeds and craisins would make great additions as well. Get crazy with your imagination on this one! The base of the spinach and pasta are perfect as a starter!
You could beef this up with some grilled protein or serve it as a simple side on a warm night of dining el fresco! The possibilities are endless!
15 min. + pasta cook/cool time
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 5 oz rotini pasta, cooked & cooled
- 2 apple, cored & finely sliced
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, cubed small
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Lay baby spinach on a large platter.
- Top with cooked pasta
- Arrange apples and cheese on top of pasta
- Sprinkle nuts
- Leave the dressing on the side for guests so the apples don’t get soggy