You’ll love these because they’re super simple to make and will leave you wanting just. one. more…..The pioneer woman had the original recipe but I put my own spin on them (as per my usual) first taking the nod from a box mix because ain’t nobody got time for that. And, the mixes were on mega sale.
I also added in some nonfat greek yogurt to save some butter and added in more coffee instead of water in the brownie mix. You don’t have to do either of these things. Simply prepare the brownies according to the box directions and use 1 cup of butter for the butter cream (2 sticks instead of 1) if that’s what you’re into.
30 min. plus cook/cool time
- 1 9 x 13 box mix, prepared according to package directions (sub out the water for strong coffee if desired)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt (plain)
- 5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Strongly Brewed Coffee, Cooled (more To Taste)
- Bake brownies according to package directions. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, yogurt, sugar, cocoa, salt, and vanilla with a mixer. Add coffee and blend well.
- Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin for your desired thickness.
- Spread evenly over cooled brownies.
- Let set up in the fridge.
- Cut into small squares, they’re really rich!