You’ll love these peaches because they only take ONE ingredient and can add that “wow” factor to any summer cook out. The hardest part will be trying to make sure the ice cream remains frozen until dessert in this heat! The second hardest part was photographing this…ice cream melts. It also seems to melt even faster when you’re trying to set up a shot! I gave up and grabbed what I could. You can send me hate mail if these aren’t ‘food gawker worthy’ b/c I’m over it…I wanted to eat them more…..
I wish this recipe were more difficult. Really. Even the most novice chef can whip up these delicious, naturally sweet jewels of summer and get rave reviews. The grill brings out the natural sugar in the peaches and a drizzle of honey can balance you out if they’re still not sweet enough for you. A scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ll be the star of your own show!
- 4 peaches
- Optional: honey, ice cream, mint, almost anything
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Slice peaches and remove pit. Peaches can be halved or sliced into quarters, use your best judgment.
- Place peaches flesh side down on the grill. If you’ve quartered them, you’ll have to flip them once.
- For halves, grill for 3-5 minutes until peaches get soft(er) and get nice grill marks.
- For quarters, grill 2-3 minutes on each side and turn once.
- Remove from grill.
- Serve warm with ice cream or a simple drizzle of honey.
- They really are divine.