Tailgate food meet your mouth. You’ll love these because they bake up in no time, are super portable, and let’s just say it: they’re delicious.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk (i used 2%)
- 2 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
NOTE: All my batter did not fit into the 24-mini muffin pan. So I made a full size muffin with the leftover batter. Some pans are larger than others so you may not have have an issue.