Simply adorable. The end. Oh, and they’re amazingly good too! You’ll love these for any kind of snacking environment because they are simply adorable, portable, and let’s face it: sweet, salty, & peanut buttery to the core (really, the core of the bugle here folks). No jokes.
These were a hit at the tailgate last week and I know we’ve got quite a bit of college football and a whole lotta NFL football left, so this recipe will NOT go to waste. Pin this bad boy, you’re gonna want to get some bugles the next time you the grocery store!
- a bag of regular bugles (remember when you put them on all of your fingers? no, just me? hhmmmm, forget i said that)
- peanut butter (i use peter pan reduced fat creamy)
- semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or white chocolate-melted in microwave or double boiler
- sprinkles (which i had none of for fall–lame)
- Sort your bugles–the really narrow ones won’t fill with peanut butter which is a damn shame. A damn shame you have to eat them!
- Take a cup of peanut butter and warm it in the microwave about 20 seconds, just to get it a bit softer.
- Put the peanut butter in a sandwich bag or small plastic bag
- Snip corner.
- Fill the bugles. You can use a knife to do this, but I like to squirt it in. Don’t judge.
- Melt your coating of choice. I did half semi-sweet and half white chocolate.
- Dip your ‘cones’ into the chocolate and cool on waxed paper
- If you have sprinkles or other fun additions, put them on while the chocolate is still wet.
- Put in the fridge until firm and set. About 30 minutes.
- Store in airtight containers.
- Eat like a boss.