You’ll love these because what’s NOT TO LOVE????? Bacon, cheese, and bread–the bread absorbs the bacon grease and you’ve got a killer tailgate/fatty snack on your hands. Put these three ingredients on your grocery list and don’t look back. I splurged on thick cut bacon because it was cheaper than the regular bacon, major sale, but don’t feel obligated. Go with what works. But one thing: DO NOT use turkey bacon…unless it’s an allergy or a religious choice…..and all jokes aside–these are amazing. ps: use what you want, i love me some pig!
If you want a healthy tailgate dish please pass go, collect your $200, and leave me your share of these because this is WAY better payment than the new kitty cat piece in the monopoly game! I did see this recipe on Plain Chicken first so I can’t take full credit. The only change I made was the thick cut bacon and let’s be honest: this isn’t rocket science folks. Thicker bacon = more bacon lovin’….like McLovin’ but only BETTER!
Side note: you could serve these an appetizer and then no one will be hungry and care if you put out mud soup as the main course. These are ‘that good.’ I want to eat a whole pan….and then put myself on lipitor….. 😛
- white bread
- bacon (thick cut if possible)
- cheese whiz/spray cheese in a can (man)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut off bread crusts. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Cut bread slice in half. Spread each half with cheese whiz.
- Cut bacon slices in half. Place bread slice on top of bacon half (cheese side up). Roll up and secure with toothpick. Repeat with remaining bread and bacon.
- Place a baking rack on a foil lined pan. Place bacon roll ups on rack and bake 25-30 minutes, until bacon is crispy.