You’ll love this cranberry relish because it’s super simple to make, uses fresh ingredients, and you can control how much sugar goes into it–the can is good for somethings but serious cranberry relish is right here! My mema used to make this every year and while I usually steered clear of it when it was on the table, I found that it made its’ way to my plate on leftovers. This cranberry relish is REALLY GOOD on turkey & stuffing sandwiches, as a spread, and most of all: inside a fatty grilled cheese. Yeah, I said it, FATTY….like a fat kid fatty…..
I’d like to have a serious conversation. About cheese. And cranberry sauce. And how they really go very well together. If you’re skeptical, please just try it. ONCE. If you don’t like it, email me. I’ll make you a new grilled cheese. 🙂
- 1 12 oz. package of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- the zest of one orange
- sugar (to taste)
- Put all of this into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Wait for it…..
- Pop, pop, pop, your cranberries will burst b/c cranberries are filled with air and it’s gotta go somewhere….
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until everything is cooked down.
- Add sugar to taste, some like it more tart, some like it less…
- Cool. It will get much thicker.
Put on bread with brie and brown that sucker up.
Put on leftover turkey and stuffing sandwiches.
Spread it like jelly.
Eat with spoon.
Die and go to foodie heaven….