You will LOVE these because the bacon and the cheese get married to creamy mashed potatoes and then you die and go to mashed potato heaven. The end. Good story right?
These were the happiest accident that ever landed on a holiday table. In charge of Thanksgiving dinner, I had some bacon and cheese that looked lonely. So I added them to my potatoes. And my family LOVED them. What’s NOT to love? Potatoes mashed to perfection and then add piles of cheese and cooked bacon with the slightest hint of minced onion. The onion is a secret my Mema used to employ and her potatoes were always excellent.
Be as generous or as stingy with your mashing aides–milk, sour cream, butter, whatever floats your potato boat, I won’t judge. The same with the bacon and cheddar–go big or just use the “stay home” portion, it’s totally up to you.
You’ll need: (a large stomach)
Serves 6-10 with leftovers….potato patties anyone?
- 5 lbs. potatoes, peeled, chunked & boiled until soft
- 8 oz. cheddar of choice (grated)
- 8 oz. bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- sour cream
- salt & pepper
- jalapeno (optional)
- Mash the cooked potatoes with milk, butter, sour cream, or other aides of choice.
- Fold in bacon and cheddar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot!